Web Hosting who support Let's Encrypt

I wanted to make a list of Web Hosting providers who are in favor for supporting Let’s Encrypt. This means they have to support shared hosting too, not just the obvious vps/dedicated/cloud hosts whom already offer root access and whose customers can do it themselves. Most can be contacted via feedback@domain requesting them to add support for it including on their shared hosting if they provide it, or bug them on social networking like twitter or facebook.

There is a cpanel addon that is planned for any hosting company that is interested: https://features.cpanel.net/topic/provide-support-for-lets-encrypt-automated-certificate-management-ssl - Please vote this up since this will likely increase the awareness of letsencrypt.org.

Why make this list? To directly point out who cares about online privacy and who doesn’t.

Web Hosting Providers Let’s Encrypt Support Status

This is a community maintained list and does not guarantee implementation.

Table of contents

Supported

Providers that Enable Let’s Encrypt and Redirect HTTP->HTTPS by Default:

This is the best support of Let’s Encrypt’s mission "to create a more secure and privacy-respecting Web."

Web Hosting Providers with Let’s Encrypt Support:

No Support

In Progress:

These large providers are currently rolling out support for Let’s Encrypt for custom domains. You may or may not be able to enable support in their control panel, or you might notice certificates have recently been issued for your domains hosted with these services.

Planned:

Waiting/Delayed:

• Hostgator Implementation of Let’s Encrypt has been relayed internally for further consideration. (Source)
  • Strato.de Waiting for Let’s Encrypt beta to end to evaluate possible adoption for all customers. (Source in German)

Unconfirmed:

Dedicated/VPS/Cloud Hosting:

• All Dedicated, VPS, and Cloud IaaS hosting supports Let’s Encrypt with any client. This is not a link directory page.

No Planned Support:

Legend

• 1 = Premium service; not included by default, requires a higher package/plan.

Notes

I will try my best to monitor this post, PM’s, and any emails sent to me regarding being added. It’s a slow process. I appreciate your understanding.

Recently, this post has become so popular that is was turned into a wiki, anyone with (10?) posts can edit it. Please help me with this list if you have time and ability to check any new links by adding them. I appreciate everyone’s help in making the web safer!

Free SSL for GoDaddy
CDN Providers who support Let's Encrypt
Windows host with Let's Encrypt Support
How to get listed in webhosts who support Let's Encrypt?
: 1&1.com charges extra to give you your own server so my URL cannot access this product as I don’t own my own server or have admin privileges to it
Help me to install an SSL certificate, my service is with Hostgator
My Thoughts on Let's Encrypt
Let's Encrypt certificates with free web hosting services
WEBSITE DOWN DUE TO CERTIFICATE (Your connection is not private )
How long does it take to manually renew Let's Encrypt every 90 days?
Simple and Clear Directions
Free SSL will never be supported at many hosting companies due to $$$
Host offers SSH but won't accept external SSL certs. CANDO?
Name.com website builder
Small business need to set up SSL encryption on Bluehost
I need to know my hosting compatibility
Hostgator Charging for LetsEncrypt Renewals
Free Hosting with Free SSL Integrated
Any personal recommendations for a US-based shared web hosting that supports Let's Encrypt?
Installing SSL Certificate to My Website
Two domains, should I have one or two SSL certs?
SSL Certificate for a total Newbie
Got domain & CSR keys, whats next to deploy SSL?
How to get the cert and key file in my computer?
InMotion - Help getting certificate with SSH access
Obtaining New Certificate Failing
Apple home-brew certbot
Adding new domain to existing SAN cert without regenerating key?
Free SSL will never be supported at many hosting companies due to $$$
No way setting up HTTPS on DomainFactory Servers?
SSL activation for Noobs! B+ intermediate certificate issue
CURL issue 406 from header
Renew SSL using terminal with letsencrypt-auto certonly
Which CDN providers and hosting companies support Let's Encrypt?
How to integrate and provide to all my clients
Ssl for a wordpress woocommerce shop
Update our entry in the list of webhosting companies supporting LE by default
New Category - Guides
How can i benefit from lets encrypt as a shared hosting provider?
Certificate File
Wordpress & eHost
Obtain certificate
Help getting a certificate
CURL issue 406 from header
Cloud Linux - Having Issues with Install
Hostgator CSR and Private Key
Does auto-renew renew the certificate without the click of a button once it's setup?
Add another host provider to the list
Ssl auto renew documentation
Auto renew every 3 months
Shared/Cheap Hosting Providers with LE Support?
Adding a new verify folder
Auto Renew Shared Host
Restore my certificate
Let's Encrypt certificates with free web hosting services
Simple and Clear Directions
Trying To Get My Hosting Provider To Install They Issued A CSR But Not Sure What To Do Next
How to Renew Let's encrypt Certificate
SSL website installation
SSL certificate issue
Where do I find the list of hosts offering Lets Encrypt
Problem running Certbot with apache
Obtaining and installing SSLs on websites hosted by GreenGeeks.com
How to renew SSL cert. Cert will expire on 3th Feb 2018
I need a CSR for my site longboardfunds.com
Unexpected certificate for my domain
Network Solutions VPS - Support for Let's Encrypt Certificates
Should PKI, Web Certificates, Private Keys Be Simple To Explain?
Installing LetsEncrypt Certificates on Site5 Hosting Using CPanel
List of brands using Letsencrypt SSL?
Installing a renewed certificate on hostgator shared server
Misinformation on website
I am a newbie using Windows 10 and a non-technical business majors. Is there a step by step tutorial for me if I want to install Let's Encrypt Authority on my domain name?
I am a newbie using Windows 10 and a non-technical business majors. Is there a step by step tutorial for me if I want to install Let's Encrypt Authority on my domain name?
New User with Hostgator Hosting
Can I have an existing SSL Certificate resent?
Update CSR before expiration with bash script

Uberspace not automated yet, but first integration is present.

added! thanks :slight_smile: Im still going through shared hosting post and pulling from it if you know anymore let me know and I will gladly add it. Should be helpful to everyone who is looking for providers.

My web hosting provider won't allow letsencrypt client to be installed

MyDevil.net (unfortunately, in Polish language only)
Facebook info: https://www.facebook.com/MyDevil.net/posts/1270477369645033
Twitter info: https://twitter.com/MyDevilnet/status/675392511892955136

Hostinger have no plans to support LE

Applying Let's Encrypt SSL through WP Encrypt

Thank! added.

@iNathan Thanks, do you have a link by any chance of their confirmation of no plans for supporting LE?

why mydevil on the not supported list? they even have a wiki entry for it on how to make it work.

Rolling since day one :wink: https://www.cyon.ch/blog/Lets-Encrypt-ist-da-Kostenlose-SSL-Zertifikate-fuer-alle

Don’t hosting providers run into problems with the “10 registrations per IP in 3 hours” limit?

I read they didnt support it but found the wiki entry. Added them!

@zedpelin Thanks! added!

@ardijyrgens That means 80 registrations per day :wink:

I don’t have a link as I sent them a support ticket regarding Let’s Encrypt.

I’ve uploaded the picture but I’ll see if I can get a more public response.

My provider doesn't want to cooperate

No, hosting providers set up one account per server (== per IP) and then request all certificates with this account.

We supported letsencrypt from the first hour of public beta: https://www.schokokeks.org/
(Fully automated, customers just switch on “Let’s Encrypt” for their host and all magic is done behind the scenes.)

But apart from that: I don’t like such lists. They are incomplete. And they don’t represent details such as if it’s working stable or easy to use. If your desired hoster cares about security does not simply mean if letsencrypt is supported or not. There’s more about that topic.

KeyCDN just launched free SSL based on Let’s Encrypt for all their customers

At Pressjitsu we rolled out full support for Let’s Encrypt at launch day, we actually had a party. We don’t use the LE client though, we have custom Python scripts that handle everything, including updating nginx configs for user nodes using our configuration templating and scheduling a certificate renewal job.

For our customers’ domains we never hit the current (or private beta) rate limiting since the requests originate from the customer node and each has a unique IP address.

That’s true, but you have to do something smart when 11 users request a certificate within 3 hours. Also afaik renewals count towards rate limiting as well, so that could potentially be a problem, but hey, you can always tunnel it through a different IP…

Thank you, added hosting.

That’s why people should contact support before signing up to a hosting provider to confirm everything they are looking for. This is common sense. I’ve always talked to customer care before signing up because then I will actually know what I am getting. Maybe this isn’t common?

This list will never be perfect, but it’s better than having people asking who is supported over and over and over. Should we give a star based system for ease of setup?

Extend SSL certificate

novatrend.ch launched free SSL certificates based on Let’s Encrypt for all hosting customers. It’s well integrated in cpanel and customers can request and install the certificate with just one click. The certificate is automatically renewed in the background.

That would be madly expensive (assuming you mean IPv4). What provider does that?

@hobarrera: Did you read my message in the right context? I replied to post #9.
One Server has one (or few) IP address, registers one LE account, requesting many LE certificates with this account.

What’s the expensive part about that?!