Help with Let's Encrypt and web hosters

I just signed up with a new hosting provider assure and whereas they SAY they use Lets Encrypt, I cant install or upload ssl web content and when I call the page using https:// it is corrupted but the hosting provider SAYS the certificate is installed and valid. most hosting providers just do as they advertise but they all have put limitations on services - advertising one thing and delivering another. the last hosting provider sold my url under me and kept my account in the old domain name and my site was slow as a turtle.

I am so tired of fraud and tricks. how can I fix or is this on them?

Could you share us your domain name?
@moderators can someone take this out from this thread?

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @sickandtired

perhaps you have mixed content, so JavaScript and CSS files are blocked.

It's possible that the certificate is correct - but mixed content is the problem. This has nothing to do with the hoster, it's your site.

So: What's your domain name?

Did you get your SSL working? They should have a control panel that allows you do this. Our control panel for our customers at www.gearhost.com let’s you issue it right from there so I would double check with them and see if that’s possible.

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed response. So this is what happened. Provider offers free SSL however they have to “tweek” our website because the ssl is only on a dedicated server. Probably a reseller👿 So my concern was I was installing my website on a http and when we would go to text and enter data from the customer side it would give an error 404. Have used let’s encrypt before with no issues… I haven’t quite figured out what they did to make it work. but I think I’m going to use API to Google forms because we do a lot of PII and I don’t want to expose my customers😞

my apologizes for the continued delayed response. I am learning the hard way on these matters. I am so afraid to publish the domain or url due to ongoing issues…seems that many hosting providers use Lets encrypt and I have gone through 4 of them since my initial post. these hosting providers advertise free ssl but are not sure themselves how to install. assure kept emailing me after I pointed my domain back to the original or holder. i finally had to BLOCK them from emailing me. I figured out how to self encrypt but they work in the background to discontinue my self-hosted. the end result is the web browser gets confused adn my sites are flagged. I am going to buy new domains which means I must start all over with advertisement. I cant find a hones web hosting company. so in closing, my issues are NOT with Let’s Encrypt…but some greedy web hosting (sad face)

Thanks for your views. it really helpful for us.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.