Discussion and addition requests for hosting provider list

This is a dedicated topic for requesting or proposing additions and changes to the list at

If you are a web hosting provider or customer with new information to share about the status of Let's Encrypt support in a web hosting product, please provide your information below. A community volunteer can verify it and update the main post.

Links to both public announcements (that a web host supports Let's Encrypt) and documentation (of how customers can make use of it) are appreciated.

Discussion posts on the original topic from 2015 to 2019 have also been moved to this topic.

4 Likes

Uberspace not automated yet, but first integration is present.

2 Likes

added! thanks :slight_smile: Im still going through shared hosting post and pulling from it if you know anymore let me know and I will gladly add it. Should be helpful to everyone who is looking for providers.

1 Like

MyDevil.net (unfortunately, in Polish language only)
Facebook info: https://www.facebook.com/MyDevil.net/posts/1270477369645033
Twitter info: https://twitter.com/MyDevilnet/status/675392511892955136

2 Likes

Hostinger have no plans to support LE

2 Likes

Thank! added.

@iNathan Thanks, do you have a link by any chance of their confirmation of no plans for supporting LE?

1 Like

why mydevil on the not supported list? they even have a wiki entry for it on how to make it work.

1 Like

Rolling since day one :wink: https://www.cyon.ch/blog/Lets-Encrypt-ist-da-Kostenlose-SSL-Zertifikate-fuer-alle

3 Likes

Don’t hosting providers run into problems with the “10 registrations per IP in 3 hours” limit?

1 Like

I read they didnt support it but found the wiki entry. Added them!

@zedpelin Thanks! added!

@ardijyrgens That means 80 registrations per day :wink:

1 Like

I don’t have a link as I sent them a support ticket regarding Let’s Encrypt.

I’ve uploaded the picture but I’ll see if I can get a more public response.

1 Like

No, hosting providers set up one account per server (== per IP) and then request all certificates with this account.

1 Like

We supported letsencrypt from the first hour of public beta: https://www.schokokeks.org/
(Fully automated, customers just switch on “Let’s Encrypt” for their host and all magic is done behind the scenes.)

But apart from that: I don’t like such lists. They are incomplete. And they don’t represent details such as if it’s working stable or easy to use. If your desired hoster cares about security does not simply mean if letsencrypt is supported or not. There’s more about that topic.

1 Like

KeyCDN just launched free SSL based on Let’s Encrypt for all their customers

4 Likes

At Pressjitsu we rolled out full support for Let’s Encrypt at launch day, we actually had a party. We don’t use the LE client though, we have custom Python scripts that handle everything, including updating nginx configs for user nodes using our configuration templating and scheduling a certificate renewal job.

For our customers’ domains we never hit the current (or private beta) rate limiting since the requests originate from the customer node and each has a unique IP address.

1 Like

That's true, but you have to do something smart when 11 users request a certificate within 3 hours. Also afaik renewals count towards rate limiting as well, so that could potentially be a problem, but hey, you can always tunnel it through a different IP...

1 Like

Thank you, added hosting.

That’s why people should contact support before signing up to a hosting provider to confirm everything they are looking for. This is common sense. I’ve always talked to customer care before signing up because then I will actually know what I am getting. Maybe this isn’t common?

This list will never be perfect, but it’s better than having people asking who is supported over and over and over. Should we give a star based system for ease of setup?

2 Likes

novatrend.ch launched free SSL certificates based on Let’s Encrypt for all hosting customers. It’s well integrated in cpanel and customers can request and install the certificate with just one click. The certificate is automatically renewed in the background.

1 Like

That would be madly expensive (assuming you mean IPv4). What provider does that?

1 Like

@hobarrera: Did you read my message in the right context? I replied to post #9.
One Server has one (or few) IP address, registers one LE account, requesting many LE certificates with this account.

What’s the expensive part about that?!

1 Like