How to configure SSL for google domain

I just purchased the domain name from google domains and not sure about the next steps…

I’m new to this stuff… so please bear with me… I don’t have any app hosted on google domain… just have the domain name and not able to see any landing page for my domain…

can you please guide me if you have already encountered anyone with google domain…

My domain is: pavanjonnavithula.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

1 Like

Hello @pavanjonnavithula

The best place for you to start is with Google.
Get started with Google Domains

This might help
Rip

2 Likes

Hello Rip,

Thank you, in order to apply the SSL to my domain name… do i need to host the website first?

1 Like

@pavanjonnavithula

This is technically off topic for this forum. So in order to successfully obtain your Let'sEncrypt certificate, there are some "steps" you need to complete first. And I am making some assumptions here so please forgive me.

Step 1 My domain is: pavanjonnavithula.com (Got it!)

Step 2 Find a hosting provider that has REALLY GOOD SUPPORT and doesn't charge outrageous prices. You might consider reading about providers/platforms that are compatible with Let'sEncrypt services. I’m not able to make a specific recommendation for a provider. You will have to make your own decisions.

You have your domain name, now you need to find a "platform" to host it so it can be seen by everyone on the "World Wide Web".

Step 3 Consider for yourself if you are ready, willing and able to create and design the website or if maybe you might prefer to use a pre-formatted website template provided by your hosting company of choice.

Step 4 Just do it. Do the research. Contact some providers and use their support forums ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS there to decide if you think they fit your needs. READ what their clients have to say (good and bad) about their services.

When you have a website up and running with your domain name you will then be ready to come back to this forum (should you desire) and we will help with the final step you seek, obtaining an LE certificate.

Good Luck with your new adventure
Hope this Helps

Rip

2 Likes

Thank you very much @Rip

I sincerely appreciate your help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.