I am in a delimma with my cPanel Shared Hosting Plan. I learned they do not allow root access and I need it to auto-renew. Here are the options brought to my attention. Can you help me decide with some insight?
- I can purchase a private server and pay around $40/month
- I can purchase an SSL from my web hosting company for $6-7 month and keep the same shared plan
- I can install Let’s Encrypt for free and manually renew it every 60 or 90 days.
- How many hours does it take to manually renew 1 domain and no sub-domains every 60 or 90 days?
- What factors determine if I have to renew my Let’s Encrypt SSL every 60 or 90 days?
- How can I set it up to be 90 days?
- What option would you chose from the options I showed you? What is your setup like with your hosting company?
- If I go with Let’s Encrypt now, is it difficult to back out after a year and change SSL’s?
Your Friend in Let’s Encrypt,