I Want To Renew My SSL Certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.muskclinic.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

How did you get your Let's Encrypt certificate in the first place?

1 Like

Someone else is managing my website.

And it would not be possible to ask that "someone else" to renew the certificate? (preferably in an automatic way so you don't need to think about this kind of stuff).

1 Like

Thanks for your response. I got your point but still I want to make it clear that today morning I received an email from let's encrypt that "Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 10 days (on 24 Oct 21 06:51 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate before then, or visitors to your web site will encounter errors."

I just want to confirm that if I want to renew how can I renew? and If it is automatic how can I know?

1 Like

In most scenarios, you are getting the Let's Encrypt certificate by using certbot or another client which will then setup an automatic cron jobs which continually checks if you have any certificates which are going to be expiring in the next 30 days, and if that is the case, it will renew the certificate automatically.

So since Let's Encrypt certificates is valid for 90 days, you will often use a certificate for 60 days and then renew it automatically so you have 30 days to fix potential issues if the automatic renew does not happen.

Let's Encrypt are then automatically sending E-Mails out for certificates which are close to expire to ensure users are aware that they should renew the certificate (and signal that the automatic renew does not work) which is the E-Mail you got.

I don't know your setup but it seems likely that the person who setup your server did not setup any logic to automatically renew the certificate or the cron job is not working as expected and should be checked.

But the way to renew the certificate is the the same as getting the certificate in the first place. So you need to get in contact with the person who administrate your website. There is really nothing for you to do unless you are ready to get your hands dirty with the configuration of the website. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.