Renew certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: dendesign

I don’t know the answers for all the other details. I hoped I can get or find a link somewhere to pay and should be set up an automatic payment for the future. You emailed me to renew the certificate but the mail doesn’t provide any help to do it.

I hope you can help me despite this weak information.

Alma

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

Hi,

What’s your full domain name?

Are you on a hosting plan or something? (Shared hosting possibly?) If so, where did you buy the hosting from?

Thank you

P.S. let’s encryot is 100% free… So you won’t need to pay for a certificate unless you obtained one from some third party paid support… (Which is only a fee imposed by their support team for profit, not let’s encrypt)

Renewing Let’s Encrypt certificates usually boils down to one of three things:

1. Your software will do it automatically. (This may or may not be working.)
  2. You have to do something like press a “Renew” button in your control panel, or run a “renew” command.
  3. You have to repeat whatever procedure it took to create the certificate originally.

Preferably it’s closer to the first than the third, but different hosting environments support different levels of automation and have different limitations.

There are scores of ways to get a certificate, and without more information, it’s difficult to guess what’s going on in your situation.

Additionally, sometimes a warning email from Let’s Encrypt can be a false alarm, if you recently added or removed any subdomains, or otherwise reorganized your certificates, or if your software waits until the last minute to renew.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.