Renew certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

I find the task of renewing a certificate hopelessly complex. Is there a good reason one cannot just check a box and be done with it?

Really, I’m lost in a blizzard of complexities and technical matters that appear to have nothing to do with my simple task … renewing a certificate.

Hi @kurtriegel

if you have a working configuration, the renew is automatic. And you don't see it.

So if you have problems renewing a certificate, your configuration is buggy. It's your responsibility how you configure your webserver.

Depends on the software used. I can imagine there exists a piece of software in which there actually is a box to check to enable renewing :wink:

I've got a hint for you: in stead of just ranting and complaining, I would suggest you actually fill in the questionnaire you've left completely blank, so we might guide you to the renewing you so desperately seek.

Now, you're not helping yourself, you're not helping this forum, you're just not helping at all. Perhaps you feel a little bit better by getting all that stuf of your chest, but in the end it's not the wisest choice you've made today.

Thank you, Osiris. I’m guessing this is a pseudonym?

Don’t mean to rant, just finding the process overly complex.

As for a questionnaire, I don’t see one. Will be happy to provide any information that is required for renewal.

Kurt Riegel
307A Monterey Ave
Annapolis MD 21401
Kurt.Riegel@gmail.com
410.507.2999 T-Mobile cell

There are many, many processes possible. There is no the process when speaking about Let's Encrypt/ACME. We still don't have any clue how your process works, because you still haven't told us anything about your process. And why it is so difficult to renew.

In this thread, in your first post when you started this thread, you were presented with a questionnaire:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.