Trying to fugure out exactly what I need to do to RENEW my certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: mycityguide.directory
I need to know what steps I need to take to RENEW my certificate. My web host does not provide “auto renew”

What did you do to issue the cert in the first place? You'll probably need to do that again.

Why did you remove all the questions which were asked when you started this thread?

I assume you realise we don’t ask those questions without a reason? You do realise it would take sooooo much effort for us to ask you all those questions separately?

I assume you can understand why I’m refusing to ask all those questions all over again, only because you’ve deleted them…

Its been about 3 months since I did that and I am trying to find all of the resources that I used before to get that done. I am far from a coder. I’m looking through my bookmarks right now

I didn’t intentionally remove anything, and I don’t know what I removed… can you please reissue?

I’ll just start a new thread. I made a mistake if I removed/deleted anything. This is my first time here

When you post in the Help category, the forum gives you the below prompt. Sometimes you won’t see it, like if you started writing the post before selecting a category.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

than you. can you please provide the link that tells step by step how to issue certificate? I don’t remember anything a bout a command line or the other information.

Mydomain is:mycityguide.directory
I ran the command: ???
it produced this output:???
my web server is:apache ( I think this is what you mean about web server…)
the operating system is" Linux
my hosting provider is: Godaddy
I can log into the root shell on my machine: yes
Im using a control panel: yes

when I originally installed the certificate, I downloaded everything. Do I need to just reinstall all of that stuff, or do I need a reissue???

guess you can’t help with this…

Guess you can't figure out what you did last time, to do it again.

1 Like

Please remember that you’re using a free community support forum for a free product - people here are almost all community members just like yourself, and receive no compensation for their time. Expecting answers back in such a short time frame isn’t exactly reasonable.

In order to renew your certificate, you’ll need to follow most of the same steps as when you first issued your certificate. If you downloaded software to do this (probably something called Certbot or acme.sh, most likely) then you should still have those downloaded, and would need to run a command to renew, such as certbot renew, if you’re using Certbot. Does any of that ring a bell?

If not, I would suspect you used an online client to generate these, such as ZeroSSL. In this event, you would need to go through the process again. If you still have the account key generated previously, you can re-use that, but there’s no real problem in letting is create a new one. You’ll then be given three files (certificate, CA bundle, and private key) to download and install on the control panel for your site.

Anything you can remember about what you did before is helpful. Otherwise we’re just randomly guessing things til you say “oh yeah that was it!” What did you download? Did you install anything? Did you run something from the command line? Did you use the GoDaddy control panel?

thanks danb35! danb35, that’s exactly what I needed, I forgot that, that was what i actually used to get and install my certificate before. I bookmarked the page that you sent me to under “Letsencrypt” with a bunch of other related bookmarks. lol I apologize for getting back to you so late, just got done installing my certificate! :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.