Can u pls help how to renew let's encrypt certificate?

can u pls help how to renew let's encrypt certificate?
usually my hosting do it , but now my client ask this ssl certificate to be install to their server. my host already give me the files of the certicate ( there's button to install it but i don't see how to renew it )

i want to renew it from my side before i sent to my client ... can u pls help ?

thanks

1 Like

Hello @clarencecloud you are welcome here!
We would love to help you. But could you please give us some more information?
If this isn't your preferred language could you let us know so we can better communicate?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

2 Likes

hi Rip

thanks so much for your reply

is it okay to share the domain name here ? since it's so public?

thanks

2 Likes

Dear Rip,

sorry i'm not IT guy ....so i tried this :

crt.sh ID

C=US, O=Let's Encrypt, CN=R3
C=US, O=Let's Encrypt, CN=R3

Can u pls help to extend ( renew) to 3 months later ?

Thanks so much ...

1 Like

Hi @clarencecloud,

Let's Encrypt certificates aren't approved by human beings; nobody here has the power to approve a renewal or make it happen. It depends on the configuration of your web server.

That's why @Rip asked you for more details about how and where your site is hosted. The details of how to renew Let's Encrypt certificate depend on the hosting environment, and are potentially different for every hosting environment and technology.

3 Likes

Dear Schoen,

thanks so much for your help.

So the best thing, is I need to ask my host to renew it , is it correct?

Thanks so much

2 Likes

Even that depends on the nature of the hosting environment.

If you have a VPS hosting plan, where you are the system administrator, there may be a command for you to run to request the certificate renewal.

If you have a shared hosting plan, where you aren't the system administrator, there may be a button to renew your certificate in your control panel.

If you have a plan where the web host itself obtained or installed the certificate for you, then the web host will also need to repeat that process in order to renew the certificate.

4 Likes

thanks so much Schoen

i'll ask my host first

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.