Renew certificate

Can anyone tell me how to renew a certificate.
Is there any human being, i could contact to get support?

1 Like

Hi @Chris239

a lot of informations are required.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Please start with some basics:

2 Likes

Hi Juergen,

These are the informations i have:

Let’s Encrypt

Version: V3

Serial Number 0327bb4ce9a30f549ed2ce2caa977adc89f2

Algorithmus sha256RSA

Aussteller: CN = Let's Encrypt Authority X3

O = Let's Encrypt

C = US

URL=http://ocsp.int-x3.letsencrypt.org

URL=http://cert.int-x3.letsencrypt.org/

DNS-Name=ch-ids.swissphone-sone.com

Qualifizierer: http://cps.letsencrypt.org

BE5AB5E6CFC94B1C87723D45A1136A11.png

Unfortunately was this certifcate ordered by a college who doesn’t work for us anymore an took the Informations about it with him.

Christian Germer

Carrier IT

Swissphone Wireless AG
Ey5, 3063 Ittigen
Switzerland
Mobile +41 79 259 31 99
Tel. +41 31 370 38 84
Christian.Germer@swissphone.com
www.swissphone.com

These are not the required informations. Everyone who visits your website has the same informations.

Please read the shared basics.

Then you will know: Informations about your webserver configuration are required.

1 Like

It’s a simple Question….where can i buy or renew a certficate?

Christian Germer

Carrier IT

Swissphone Wireless AG
Ey5, 3063 Ittigen
Switzerland
Mobile +41 79 259 31 99
Tel. +41 31 370 38 84
Christian.Germer@swissphone.com
www.swissphone.com

It's a simple answer: You can't buy a certificate. If you want to renew your existing certificate, details about your configuration are required.

Why? That's explained in the basics.

1 Like

@Chris239 You need to answer the questionnaire @JuergenAuer showed you in this thread: Renew certificate

Without answers to those questions, we can't help you. Perhaps some other colleagues know any answer you might not know.

2 Likes

We allready had a certificate! which was
Serial Number 0327bb4ce9a30f549ed2ce2caa977adc89f2
Algorithmus sha256RSA
Aussteller: CN = Let's Encrypt Authority X3
for the DNS-Name=ch-ids.swissphone-sone.com so somewhere in your customer registration you should have all the informations you need. is it not possible for you to figure out when you gave out which certificate for which customer and what has been the configuration of that??

There is no customer registration.

You have a completely wrong understanding how Letsencrypt works.

Please change that. And it's not the job of forum members to explain well-documented, years old things.

If you want to use a Letsencrypt certificate, it's your job to understand how that works.

2 Likes

Thanks, for your time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.