TSO host remove LetsEncrypt from cPanel

After several years providing it they now write
I am afraid that on our cPanel hosting packages, we don't support let's encrypt they go on to"kindly" offer a commercial cert for £50 - the lets encrypt cert expired and just a week after I paid them to renew my hosting package. SSL is such an essential component of web hosting that I can only infer that TSO is intending to exit the hosting business. TSO are on this list: Web Hosting who support Let's Encrypt

2 Likes

Hi @robh and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

If you would like to continue using FREE LE certs, there may be a (quick manual) client that can be used on cPanel.
See:
CertSage ACME client (version 1.2.0) - easy webpage interface, optimized for cPanel, no commands to type, root not required - Client dev - Let's Encrypt Community Support (letsencrypt.org)

tag: @griffin

3 Likes

As for your statement about TSOhost...
I can't find anything on their website that indicates that they no longer support LE certs.
See:
Install a Let's Encrypt certificate on your cPanel account | Tsohost Knowledge Base

4 Likes

What they may mean is that it is still "supported" if you get the cert elsewhere and manually enter the credentials. The support response referred me here Manually install an SSL certificate on a cPanel hosting | Tsohost Knowledge Base I guess I'll have to try that but the cPanel option was so much simpler.

What's really poor is that I had a cert there for a few years and it expired yesterday, they no longer have it on auto renew (which had proved a bit unreliable so I use an external monitor updown.io to keep track) and the option to renew manually is gone. If I'd not got that monitor running I'd not have known until I or someone else spotted/reported the issue.

4 Likes

If you run into any trouble with CertSage, just let me know. I'm the developer. I designed CertSage with shared cPanel hosting in mind. It's super easy to use and takes under 2 minutes to acquire and install a certificate.

6 Likes

TSOhost is part of Paragon which is owned by HEG (Host Europe Group) which is part of GoDaddy. If the same policy is to be rolled out to all those other parts of GoDaddy there will be millions of web site owners suddenly finding their visitors faced with scary "insecure" messages. TSO didn't even send out any advance notification it only became evident when the 3 month cert renewal wasn't made.

1 Like

Thanks, but no it didn't work, it ran without error but there was no CertSage folder after running the php so I created one and tried again, no files created

2 Likes

It's completely impossible for CertSage to run without error and not have the files produced. Check for the CertSage folder inside your main account folder not inside the public_html folder.

4 Likes

OK, found it, can't see it with FTP but cPanel file manager got me there

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.