Unable to apply settings. Please try again. (Ref. 5401)

Hello,
Recently i bought Asustor S3304T. I did the steps from Using HTTPS to Secure NAS Communication - ASUSTOR NAS
I got some trouble setting the ez-connect, so i did a few factory resets.
On each reset i created new sertificate with lets encrypt. Now im not able to create a new one - when im trying to do so it says: Unable to apply settings. Please try again. (Ref. 5401). Im not sure if the reason is about all the sertificates i did before, but the fact is that now i dont have any. Im hitting a dead end.
I`ll be greateful for some advices on how to create ssl and secure my connection

Hello @Gancho, welcome to the Let's Encrypt community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Thank you for assisting us in helping YOU!

2 Likes

Here are some links to within this community

1 Like

My domain is:
Previous Studio-GARA.myasustor.com
Now StudioGARA.myasustor.com

I ran this command:
Got some trouble setting the ez-connect, so i did a few factory resets.
Each factory reset was followed by new sertificate
Now when im trying to create a new one, it says : Please try again. (Ref. 5401) I think i reached some kind of limit. I dont know how to acces the old sertificates, nor how to find the private keys for them, so i can try and manualy import one of them.
The goal is to create a sertificate, so i can "secure my connection".

It produced this output:
Please try again. (Ref. 5401)

My web server is (include version):
Asustor NAS AS3304T
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
4.2.5.RN33 (this is the ADM version)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
Vivacom Bulgaria EAD

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
I think so

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
I`m using the asustor nas app

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):
I`m not using it

Those are questions for Asustor.

Try changing the name [again].
GARAstudio?
OR
Wait one week.

1 Like

Tried changing the name and its not working. Maybe its IP based

It's not IP based.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.