Enable SSL auto-renewal

How do I enable SSL auto-renewal for my website?

1 Like

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

1 Like

Or consult a psychic?

1 Like

Did your crystal ball also fall to the floor recently @rg305? Mine is broken too, so I can’t see all the missing information we require unfortunately :grin:

1 Like

I tried reading between the lines but there was only the one line…
The added bio didn’t help much.
The somewhat twisted headshot seems like the start of a catfish episode.

1 Like

At least we’ve got until Jan 30 01:29:55 2020 GMT to get to the bottom of this :grin:

1 Like

My Website Address: https://afree.ir/
I enabled from within Cpanels
Is Activation Wrong?

Did you just "enable" Let's Encrypt? Or did you have to go through a lot of trouble to get the certificate? If you just "enabled/activated" Let's Encrypt, chances are it will auto-renew automatically without any human action. If you did go through a lot of trouble (i.e., manually got the certificate and uploaded said certifiate manually to cPanel), you'll have to repeat that step every 2-3 months (the certificates are 90 days valid and Let's Encrypt suggests to renew the certificate after 60 days).

I have no idea what you mean by that.

2 Likes

Hi @Angel

checking your domain there is no critical problem visible - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=afree.ir

The a.nic.ir name server is terrible, that's a known problem.

Your certificate

CN=afree.ir
expires in 63 days	afree.ir, mail.afree.ir, www.afree.ir - 3 entries

is valid, should be renewed in 35 - 45 days. So check your domain ~~2020-01-05 to see, if the automated cPanel renew has worked.

Oh, now the check is ready. There is an A+ G+M, that's good. So the site is on the Chrome- and FireFox-Preloadlist.

3 Likes

[offtopic] Do you actually think the thread starter has any idea what you mean by that? Actually, just reading your post - without actually surfing to your "website checker" - I have no idea why that piece about a.nic.ir is relevant..? And what the )#($*()# is an "A+ G+M" for an result? No clue.. No clue at all..

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.