Can't get new/renew certificate for new domain

I currently have a certificate for Synology.me and it works well. But would like to change it to my new GoDaddy domain. I do not know how to get a new/renew the certificate on my Synology NAS.
Is there documentation for this?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My existing domain is: Synology.me
My new domain is: abcdefg.com

I ran this command: ??

It produced this output: ??

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Synology NAS

My current hosting provider, if applicable, is: Synology.me

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Hi @Dietmar, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

What is the complete name being requested?

This name seems complicated:

Name:      abcdefg.com
Addresses: 198.49.23.145
1 Like

Do you really need my details? I'm hesitant to it on a community support forum.

Do you want our free help?

1 Like

My Synolgy.me certificate works.

Can you give me instructions on how to switch it to kurtzpix.com?

My synology NAS gives me an error which says that it cannot resolve the xyz.kurtzpix.com address. Yet I can go to it in my browser.

That domain name does not have an A (or AAAA if IPv6) address in the public DNS system. Perhaps you created one in your local hosts file so it works on your local network.

Using the Let's Debug test site is helpful when starting out

2 Likes

Sounds like the Synology device and LE works on it as advertised.
Now you want to change the name of the Synology device and reissue a cert for that new name.
I think you might get better help on how to change the name and cert of such a device from the device support channels.

1 Like

The xyz subdomain is fake I donot wont tol put the real domain on this forum.

I do have a A record at GoDaddy for the real xyz subdomain AND I can go that domain.

Can all members of this community read these threads??

Without more specifics only general advice can be given. You might try on a Synology support forum.

You might also find this helpful

Yes.

All certs are logged in the public domain (see http://crt.sh). DNS is also public.

3 Likes

For more details on what becomes public when a Certificate Authority (such as Let's Encrypt) signs a certificate search for Certificate Transparency. Thus if you use an reputable Certificate Authority your domain information is publicly available to everyone, not sharing it on this forum won't hide your domain just make it harder for us to assist you.

Here a few of the many search results for Certificate Transparency.

And from Issuance Policy section of this forum Transparent certificate policy

And Certificate Transparency - Wikipedia

Certificate Transparency Required on Google Chrome - #5 by mcpherrinm and a quota from it

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.