Synology "Replace Existing Certificate"

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: themajorshome.com

I ran this command: Synology GUI

It produced this output: Unable to connect to Let’s Encrypt, make sure the domain name is correct.

My web server is (include version): ngix

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Synology DSM6

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m not too new to this, I setup my Synology a couple of years ago. It has been fine and renewing Let’s Encrypt ever since. Today, I wanted to replace the cert to add a couple more “Subject Alternative Names.” It is failing with the above error and I have no idea why. Nothing has changed and like I said, renewals have been chugging right along for years.

Ah, disregard. My bad. I also cleaned up and removed the wrong alternative name in my DNS. I assume LE was looking for it and not finding it.

3 Likes

Make sure you keep your DSM software up-to-date and you should be fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.