Synology error @ Create Let's Encrypt certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:
jakupovic.nl
I ran this command:
In Synology DSM I chose for create a new certificate with Let’s Encrypt.
It produced this output:
Failed to connect to Let’s Encrypt. Please make sure your domain name is valid.
My web server is (include version):
Synology DS218+
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
DSM 6.2.1-23824
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
TransIP
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
No
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
Yes, Synology DSM

Hi all,

I’ve read a ton about opening up web server on the Synology, and opening port 80 on my router. The thing is that I’ve been through all this before, but since the update of de DSM failed, I had to reinstall my DSM, and this is where I lost my previous certificate at Let’s Encrypt. I made no backup of this unfortunately.

Now when I try to create the certificate I get the message “Failed to connect to Let’s Encrypt. Please make sure the domain name is valid.” - which in my opinion if weird since I can actually get to my DSM login page when I go to my domain: jakupovic.nl.

Am I missing something, or could I otherwise retrieve my previous certificate from Let’s Encrypt?
Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Me here again.

I got it working now, the problem is fixed.

I fixed the problem by creating a Virtual Host in the Web Station package. Something I thought was unnecessary from reading all tutorials online. This host made it possible to create the certificate. But then I was unable to go to my domain and login to my DiskStation. I fixed this by deleting the Virtual Host from the Web Station package.
End result: a working SSL certificate from Let’s Encrypt on my domain which leads me to my DiskStation.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.