404 error on verification

Welli I dont have much information about coding etc. But I have a Wordpress blog on GoDaddy. My site has SSL for one year from GoDaddy. But I cancel it to provide a free SSL. I used Zerossl.com, I opened .well-known and acme-challenge folders and uploads 2 files in. But when i couldn’t verify it and came across with 404 error. I hope you can help me. And I hope you explain it simply because I couldn’t understand some term exactly.
Thanks
Melisa

My domain is: www.tipgunlukleri.com

I ran this command: http://tipgunlukleri.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/DMG2TNmZ-AiIeItCb_f00Gf_rvpTrxPpfmPsIb9DFRw

It produced this output: OOOPS! 404

Sorry, but the page you are looking for has not been found.
Try checking the URL for errors, then hit refresh.Or you can simply click the icon below and go home:)

My web server is (include version): Godaddy

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): what does it mean???

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Cpanel (?)

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): I don’t know

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Cpanel(?)

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

Hi @melisa724

first step: Make it easier.

Create the two subdirectories yourWebroot/.well-known/acme-challenge, there a file (file name 1234), then try to load that file.

http://tipgunlukleri.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/1234

Oh, no - you have already created 3 certificates ( https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=tipgunlukleri.com#ct-logs ):

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-04 2019-10-02 tipgunlukleri.com, www.tipgunlukleri.com - 2 entries duplicate nr. 3
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-04 2019-10-02 tipgunlukleri.com, www.tipgunlukleri.com - 2 entries duplicate nr. 2
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-04 2019-10-02 tipgunlukleri.com, www.tipgunlukleri.com - 2 entries duplicate nr. 1
Go Daddy Secure Certificate Authority - G2 2018-08-04 2019-08-04 tipgunlukleri.com, www.tipgunlukleri.com - 2 entries

So that part has worked.

So you need to install the certificate. Don't create the next certificate, there is a limit of max. 5 identical certificates per week.

I opened a new 1234 folder inside acme-challenge and upload the files on there. But the result hasn’t changed. I can’t understand why i can’t installed it. :frowning:

Installation is a different problem.

If you use cPanel, you have to upload the certificate (private and public key).

I upload 2 file on Cpanel inside 1234 folder (public_html/.well-known/acme-challenge/1234)

But when I try to verify I get an error, so I can’t do next steps

You have already created three certificates.

You don't need a new verification and a new certificate.

Where are these certificates?

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-04 2019-10-02 tipgunlukleri.com, www.tipgunlukleri.com - 2 entries duplicate nr. 3
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-04 2019-10-02 tipgunlukleri.com, www.tipgunlukleri.com - 2 entries duplicate nr. 2
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-07-04 2019-10-02 tipgunlukleri.com, www.tipgunlukleri.com - 2 entries duplicate nr. 1
Go Daddy Secure Certificate Authority - G2 2018-08-04 2019-08-04 tipgunlukleri.com, www.tipgunlukleri.com - 2 entries

Created yesterday, 2019-07-04.

In all my trials I dint get a certificate. I came across with this;

Perhaps your cPanel supports Letsencrypt certificates.

If Zerossl doesn’t work, that’s ok. There are certificates.

Find these. Check your cPanel.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.