What you need to do to renew the certificate?

what you need to do to renew the certificate? expires 0 days (on 26 Mar 17 16:02 +0000)

with respect

That totally depends how you got your certificate in the first place.

But because you removed the questions which were provided to you when you opened this thread and my crystal ball has fallen on the ground yesterday and is thus broken, I can’t help you.

I installed the certificate on centos 7, crm, 1c-bitrix, the certificate path /etc/letsencrypt/

hi @podnebesnyi.ruslan

when you create a post under the help section it asks you to fill out the items below :smiley:

please do so

in terms of how you installed the certificate - letsencrypt is oftend interacted with via clients: a list of these can be found here:

The question osiris is asking is which one of the clients are you using as the answers we will give will depend on the client (they have different syntaxes): https://letsencrypt.org/docs/client-options/

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My operating system is (include version):

My web server is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

1 Like

This information is important because the command you would use to renew depends on the command you used to get the certificate in the first place. (For instance, if you ran certbot, you might be able to renew with certbot-renew; but other people ran ./letsencrypt-auto or some other form.)

1 Like

I used this instruction: https://кодер.укр/записи/let-s-encrypt-бесплатный-ssl-сертификат-и-https-протокол-на-сайт
Only because I have a cms 1C-Bitrix, I placed the certificates in the folder: cd /home/letsencrypt

I tried to update by yourself, but got an error: Cert not yet due for renewal

1. letsencrypt cd /home/letsencrypt/ # change directory letsencrypt
  2. git pull # download the updates repository
  3. ./letsencrypt-auto --help # to check that everything is fine
  4. sudo service nginx stop # to stop the server
  5. ./letsencrypt-auto renew # ← update certificates
  6. sudo service nginx start # to start the server

managed to renew the certificate

Thanks for the additional information @podnebesnyi.ruslan.

I’m not very enthusiastic about the advice that the site you used gives (for example, the git method is really not particularly appropriate with letsencrypt-auto, because it will download updates automatically without needing git updates, and also most people don’t need standalone when webroot would also work for them with no server downtime). But I guess we need to address this by getting more of our own documentation out there in more languages. Anyway, I don’t think there’s any problem in the documentation that you followed that’s serious enough to prevent the renewal from working.

So, could you tell me what happens when you run ./letsencrypt-auto renew like you said in step 5? Do you get some kind of error message, or some kind of success message, or anything else? Would you like to share your domain name so we can see if the certificate was renewed successfully but not installed on your site, as opposed to not being renewed at all?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.