What are the steps of renewing certificate on Wordpress Settings

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is: www.romispack.com

I ran this command: what does this mean? sorry i’m a rookie of web

It produced this output: as above

My operating system is (include version): win 7

My web server is (include version): same as field 2 and 3

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: bluehost

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): i don’t know

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):WP 4.4.2

Hey guys, I’ve been using Wp Encrypt for over 3 months with SSL certificate, but now this ‘https’ of my domain has this ‘X’ cross on it meaning the certificate is out of use.

What’s odd is that on the setting page of Wp Encrypt there’s a sentence saying ‘Your certificate was last generated on April 15, 2017 at 6:30 pm.’ If my certificate was re-generated successfully at this time, my certificate shouldn’t be due since it’s only 7 days. And I’ve ticked ‘auto-generate certificate’ option.

What I’m trying to do is to re-establish the certificate as I did it for the first time. But still, if i click ‘Revoke Certificate’, a warning occurs at the top of this setting page saying ‘Let’s Encrypt: Request payload does not specify a resource’. Then I don’t know what to do next.

Can u guys help me out of this? Really appreciate!!!

Correct, your host is providing the old certificate which expired last Thursday.

Your certificate was indeed renewed on April the 15th: crt.sh | 120271151

Revoking is almost never a solution. Revoking is only necessary if the host was compromised or the private key was leaked somehow in another way.

I'm afraid we can't help you, because you're using the WP plugin. You don't have any other options aside from what the plugin offers.

To me it looks like the webserver needs to be reloaded to have the new certificate loaded too, but that is something out of your control.

I would advise to contact Bluehost with this problem: you have generated the new certificate, but somehow the webserver doesn't use it (yet).

Really good advice!!! I’ll be contacting Bluehost now.

Huge thanks for you Osiris!!!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.