Same certificate for a domain in different IP´s

Hello
If I have two VPS (server1.sample.com and server2.sample.com) with exactly the same content (one is clone of the other), serving the same domain example.com, but obviously, with different IP’s and I put A records in my DNS for these two IP’s, in theory the page will be served sometimes from one IP and others from the other (round robin DNS load balancing).
The question is: if I get a Letsencrypt certificate for the domain from one of these VPS Can I install that certificate on the other VPS and expect it to work correctly?
I would appreciate if anyone can give me a clarification.

Hi @natabril,

Yes, you can do this and it will work correctly.

One thing to keep in mind is that Let’s Encrypt certificates expire after 90 days. We recommend setting up some kind of automation (for example, with cron) to renew certificates automatically. If you do this, you will also want to find a way to automate the process of deploying the new certificate on the other server.

Certificates in the web PKI can be used on any number of servers, without regard to whether they have the same or different IP address, and also multiple certificates covering the same domain name(s) can coexist and be valid concurrently.

All clear now.
And yes, I know about cron Jobs to renew the certificate.
Thank you very much for your prompt response.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.