Renewing certificate

I’ve gotten email saying “Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 8 days (on 06 Sep 20 00:29 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate before then, or visitors to your website will encounter errors. …”

I have this domain through Amazon Web Services, and am up to date with payments there. I can’t see where to pay for this, or how. (Also, I am new to this!)

My domain is:
ravivakil.org

I ran this command:
[received email]

It produced this output:
[see above]

My web server is (include version):
not sure

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
not sure

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
AWS

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
the aws control pan

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):
not sure

1 Like

There are no fees for LetsEncrypt certificates.

Do you recall how you originally installed it?

3 Likes

@ravivakil You are indeed hosting the server on Amazon AWS, do you know whether you are using AWS LightSail or AWS EC2? And how (or who) did you get the site? (i.e. installed it by running a script? Hired a freelancer? friend?)

1 Like

I’m using AWS LightSail. And a kind friend set the site up for me — I’m going to call him in to this discussion when I can.

1 Like

I honestly think he might just forget to enable auto-renewal or your site changed something that the auto-renewal is failed. However if you don't know or don't have SSH access, it's better to contact your friend :slight_smile:

P.S. A (sort of) important suggestion: Your site experience might be better if you also point your www hostname to this server and also setup TLS certificate (in fact, it can be a single certificate including both hostnames!).

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.