Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 20 days (on 28 Jun 20 01:39 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate before then, or visitors to your website will encounter errors

I received this email and since I dindn’t first set you the web server I’m having a lot of problems to renew the SSL certificate, can you help me?

“Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 20 days (on 28 Jun 20 01:39 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate before then, or visitors to your website will encounter errors.”

My domain is: siul.pt

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): Amazon Linux AMI 2018.03.0 (HVM), SSD Volume Type

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: AWS

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No, just have the acess to control panel of DNS.

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): I tried to install Certbot but unsuccessfully because of IPv4 (it requires port 80)

Thanka a lot in advance.

1 Like

Hi @duartesilveira

how did you create that certificate?

Do that again if the renew doesn't work.

1 Like

There are multiple certificates for that hostname: https://crt.sh/?q=siul.pt

If you look closely, you can see the hostnames covered by those certificates have changed. Please read the section " When You Get an Expiration Email" of Let’s Encrypt documentation about Expiration Emails carefully.

1 Like

I didn’t create the first with let’s encrypt my ex co-founder did. So I don’t know how to repeat the process, I created a new SSL certificate with AWS but I’m wondering if there’s an easy way to just set a renewal method. How can I create and set up a renew SSL certificate with let’s encrypt?

1 Like

Start with some basics:

Then select a client

or check your system, if there is a client.

But you can start again.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks. I successfully installed the Certbot but my website went down. Any possible explanations? Thanks

1 Like

Installation isn't enough.

You have to use Certbot.

These are the required questions of the template (your first post): Your command, the result.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.