Renew manually Let's Encrypt SSL certificate

My Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate will expire in 0 day (not yet)…

I use it for a website in a ubuntu server.

I have found a folder “/etc/letsencrypt/”, but I cannot find for example “letsencrypt-auto”

Could anyone help?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is: www.funfun.io funfun.io

I ran this command: ./letsencrypt-auto --renew

It produced this output: -bash: ./letsencrypt-auto: No such file or directory

My web server is (include version): nginx version: nginx/1.4.6 (Ubuntu)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): ubuntu 14.04

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: DigitalOcean

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The ./certbot-auto command is assuming certbot is in the current working directory. Do you know if you downloaded if before and placed certbot somewhere else? Try looking in your home folder for any directories where you may have downloaded certbot.

In addition to @jared.m's observation about figuring out what directory this tool was downloaded into, and the need to cd to that directory first, the correct form is ./certbot-auto renew, not ./certbot-auto --renew, which would be interpreted differently. However, this issue is not responsible for the error message that you saw; not being in the proper directory is the cause of that.

Edit: if you don't know what directory it was downloaded into, you could also try running locate certbot-auto, which might help you to figure that out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.