Problem with certbot/apache/tomcat

Try restarting apache if you would.

Already done. Apache and tomcat service restarted

1 Like

I noticed a typo in your port forwarding at the beginning. Did you forward 8443 to 443?

1 Like

1 Like

Tomcat requires additional steps to use the certificate.

I don't use Tomcat, so I don't know what you have to do.

Check the documentation of your system.

Looks like the Tomcat port 443 doesn't start. But port 80 works.

2 Likes

Here you go:

If you need any further help once you read through, let us know. We may need to modify the command to use your own csr. Whatever the route you go, just let us know. :slightly_smiling_face:

Start here. This will be immensely helpful:

1 Like

I read some guide, but i have a problem. I understood that i have to convert my .pem file in .pkcs12, right? But all my .pem file (cert.pem, chain.pem, fullchain.pem end privkey.pem) or only some of this?

And another question: the folder of my project can stay in webapps, or i have to move it on./well-known/acme-challenge?

1 Like

To make a PKCS#12 file, you will need to use the private key (privkey.pem) and either the public cert (cert.pem) or the public cert plus intermediate chain (fullchain.pem)
Try it with:
privkey.pem & fullchain.pem

1 Like

Maybe i can mark this topic as solved because i already have generated my certificates and open a specific post fo this. Or i'm wrong?

In any case i didn't understand what to do with this 2 pkcs12 file :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So...
You are unsure that you need a PKCS#12 file?
Or you are unsure how to make the PKCS#12 file?
Or not sure where to put it once you make it?

1 Like

I'm unsure on what to do with this pkcs12 file. I've already created this file

1 Like

OK where did you read that you needed one?

1 Like

You don't have to move anything to /.well-known/acme-challenge/ folder.
You can leave it wherever it is.

1 Like

Tomcat documentation

1 Like

That seems less than "helpful".
There are no instructions there - no "how to".

You should follow a guide like @griffin posted above:

Which shows more of a "step by step how to".
Example snip:

1 Like

This step by step doesn't work. I've already done every step and tried. But nothing

1 Like

missing

Says tha certificate is missing. In the site there is no valid certificate (net::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID)

But if i click on "Show certificate"(Visualizza certiificato on the image) the browser show me a certificate signed by let's encrypt authority

1 Like

SOLVED! thank you all

1 Like

Excellent news!

Cheers from Miami :beers:

Now you just need to up your site security:

See: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/index.html

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.