Obtain new SSL certificate for WordPress site

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: http://wrapcompliance.org/

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Word Press

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

1 Like

We really need the other answers too. If you don't know the answer (exactly), please answer to the best of your knowledge.

Also, WordPress is a software CMS. While I think it's also possible to host your website @ wordpress.com, chances are more likely you've got a whole different hosting provider which is also providing you the WordPress CMS. The answer to this question most likely would be: to whom are you paying your sites bill?

2 Likes

Hello @AimeeD...

Is your webserver Apache/2.4.29?
Is your Operating System Ubuntu? If so which version?
Is your IP address really 38.70.17.143? (static or dynamic)
Is your DNS provided by Network Solutions?
Are you hosting wrapcompliance.org yourself? (or in the cloud somewhere possibly Cogent Communications )

As @Osiris stated, we need to know more about your environment to provide assistance to a question you really haven't asked...

If you provide the answers asked in the initial questionnaire many folks here would love to help you out.

1 Like

Is your webserver Apache/2.4.29? Yes

Is your Operating System Ubuntu? If so which version? Ubuntu v18.04

Is your IP address really 38.70.17.143? (static or dynamic) Static

Is your DNS provided by Network Solutions? WRAP DNS provider is Network Solutions

Are you hosting wrapcompliance.org yourself? (or in the cloud somewhere possibly Cogent Communications ) Yes, we have have our own server hosted in a DataCenter.

1 Like

OK Thanks!
Here is a good starting point for you.

@AimeeD if you're not the SA for the network then you can pass this along to whom ever has access.
Hope this helps!
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.