How do I get my SSL certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.queenbeebiz.com

I ran this command: None, don't know where to get started

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): Wordpress Mantra version 3.3.1.

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Windows 20 Home Version 20H2 / OS19042.1052

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Go Daddy

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): I don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): I don't know

1 Like

Hi @Cherih923, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

I'm not sure how WordPress plays into your config - I don't use WP.
But I do see Apache and I'm willing to help you start there.
[note: If WordPress is the ultimate controller of TLS, then this change should be done there - else, WP may overwrite any changes we make directly to Apache]

We can start with the output of:
sudo apachectl -S
[this command has to be run within the web server system - not on your PC]

1 Like

I’m pretty limited on my knowledge of how to do this.

If I go into my Cpanel in Godaddy does that mean I put that code in there? I would have to figure out where to put it too.

I’m almost ready to switch my host to something else that has a free SSL Cert.

Thanks

Cheri Hickman

3 Likes

It's difficult for me to be sure.
The IP ("160.153.47.200") does look like a Go Daddy IP.
But I'm not familiar with how WP controls the content, nor how the GD cPanel controls WP.
I would think that GD should have some help on their site related to this.

1 Like

That's actually a valid option. Let's Encrypt is all about automation, preferably on the level of hosting providers for shared hosting. "Vote with your money" so to say could help hosting providers to decide to implement LE free of charge for their customers.

On this site you can see a list of hosting providers which offer (or don't offer) LE certificates:

Alternatively, @griffin has written a client in PHP specially for GoDaddy shared hosted sites, so maybe you'd want to try that first.

3 Likes

Thank you. I’ll check it out.

Cheri

2 Likes

@Cherih923

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community, Cheri :slightly_smiling_face:

As @Osiris suggested, I have written software specifically for GoDaddy cPanel shared hosting users to easily get Let's Encrypt certificates in minutes with minimal effort and knowledge. I provide full instructions that are easy to follow. It's free, of course. If you are interested, just let me know.

1 Like

Yes, please Jonathan. Thank you

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.