Need to update expired SSL certificate but keep getting Errors

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.
I am trying to install an SSL certificate that expired in June on wordpress. Would appreciate any help!

My domain is: frfs.ie

I ran this command: Test result for frfs.ie using tls-alpn-01

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): LetsHost

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Letshost

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): I'm not sure what this means?I am the main administrator on the wordpress site if that helps?

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Yes i have access to Cpanel

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Hello @ShaunaKirwan, welcome to the Let's Encrypt community. :slightly_smiling_face:

I do not find any certificates issued for that domain, https://crt.sh/?q=frfs.ie

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks for your quick response! I'm new to this and not very good with the technical stuff yet.

How can I get a certificate for the domain?

1 Like

Here is a good place to start Getting Started - Let's Encrypt

1 Like

Thank you! :grinning:

2 Likes

If I read Are free SSL certs supported? – LetsHost Knowledgebase correctly, your hosting provider does not support Let's Encrypt certificates.

Please change hosting provider to one which does not try to swindle you with expensive certificates. Does My Hosting Provider Offer HTTPS? | Certbot provides a list of hosting providers and their Let's Encrypt support.

If changing hosting provider REALLY isn't an option, you might be able to get a certificate anyway using CertSage. See CertSage ACME client (version 1.3.0) - easy webpage interface, optimized for cPanel, no commands to type, root not required for more info

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.