My certifcate is al the sudden valid for another domain

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g., so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output: invalid certificate, wrong domainname,

My web server is (include version): Apache

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Netgear

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

Hi @JayBeeToo

there is a correct Letsencrypt-Certificate: 2018-05-10 07:10:39 UTC

But your website doesn't use this.

1 Like

The issue started yesterday.
Up till then everything was fine.
When I ping the ip adress displayed is
The same when I ping
I think there is a problem with my domainname provider. I’ll check that first.

You appear to have a certificate, it’s just not actually being used by Synology.

  1. In Synology, go to Control Panel > Security > Certificate.
  2. Select the certificate for and click Edit.
  3. Select Set as default certificate and click Apply.

I have a Netgear Readynas device.
Every 30+ days I renew the certificate.
In this case I think my internet provider has changed the IP adresses and my dynamic domain name service host has not changed the IP adress to my current one.

1 Like

That seems to be the problem. I changed it manually and have to wait know until it becomes available for the dns servers.

This is not really a problem. One IP can have a lot (more then 100.000) Domains..

But I see: Now there is the Letscencrypt-Certificate active:

Not Before: May 10 06:10:39 2018 GMT
Not After : Aug 8 06:10:39 2018 GMT

My server has allways used the correct certificate. The problem was that the ddns server was still referring to the old IP adress and that was know allocated to

Which has nothing to do with me :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.