Many certificates already issued for

Hello,

i have problem. I configure my own virtual server first time, have to do reinstall many times and set letsencrypt too. Now i did everything i have to do, but if i would like to generate LE for my domain, i get error many certificates already issued for

Is here any suliton how to clear tgis list? Because at my server is no ssl right now, all was removed when i did reinstall and all certificates was just for one my domain with www and without.

1 Like

Hi @pecka33,

Please see

Revoking certificates does not reset rate limits , because the resources used to issue those certificates have already been consumed.

If you’ve hit a rate limit, we don’t have a way to temporarily reset it. You’ll need to wait until the rate limit expires after a week. We use a sliding window, so if you issued 25 certificates on Monday and 25 more certificates on Friday, you’ll be able to issue again starting Monday. You can get a list of certificates issued for your registered domain by searching on crt.sh, which uses the public Certificate Transparency logs.

You can avoid the Duplicate Certificate limit by creating a certificate that includes an additional subdomain (in addition to www) so that the list of names in the certificates isn't exactly the same was it was for the earlier certificates.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.