The number of certificates issued by Let's Encrypt for your domain has reached the upper limit

Hello
I have set up my disk station again.
Now I try to reactivate the websites that are running on the DS.
I got some of them working again.
Now I wanted to call up a certificate for a website and get this message "The number of certificates issued by Let's Encrypt for your domain has reached the upper limit".
This website already had a certificate.
Is it possible to delete or reassign unused certificates?

my domain is: www.ffff.tw thank you!!

Looks like you've set it up again more than once the last couple of days: crt.sh | ffff.tw

That will get you to hit rate limits indeed and there's no way to unblock rate limits by deleting certificates.

If possible, please reuse one of the issued certificates or just wait and be more careful in the future.

3 Likes

I have not backed up my issued certificate, is there any way to download it, thank you

1 Like

Or do I need to stop setting again for 7 days, thanks

1 Like

You can download certificates from the crt.sh website above, but they are useless without the corresponding private keys, which are not downloadable, as they're, well, private..

5 Likes

so I should stop setting again for 7 days?

You should wait until the rate limit has been raised (it's a limit of 5 duplicate certs in a sliding window of 7 days) and after that you should set up your setup permanently in a single go and don't re-setup again and again.

5 Likes

OK I got it, thanks a lot

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.