ISPConfig Lets Encrypt Renewal

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: computers-made-simple.ca

I ran this command: I ran no commands.

It produced this output: There was no output.

Also, in the email informing me that this certificate was expiring soon, I accidentally clicked the unsubscribe link. The registered email is webmaster@inteljunky.com and I would like to reinstate this if possible. Thank you.

My web server is (include version): Apache2 version: 2.4.7

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: My own webserver

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes!

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): ISPConfig.

Hi @JoltMe,

The expiration is for the bare www.computers-made-simple.ca cert.

I assume that you're no longer using this and are instead using the one that covers both www.computers-made-simple.ca and computers-made-simple.ca.

That certificate was successfully renewed recently and is not near expiry.

The renewal reminder script doesn't know whether you failed to renew a certificate by accident or because it was supplanted by a different certificate or combination of certificates. This is mentioned in the text of the certificate renewal reminder e-mail itself.

As far as I know, there's still no way to resubscribe to Let's Encrypt reminder e-mails, unfortunately.

Please see

for more information about this.

Wow…your quick in your responses, thank you. So that domain has been recently renewed…must be part of ISPCONFIG or something. Thats great. If you want to discuss changes to your mailing list, I would be happy to discuss this with someone there.

According to

the trouble is our provider Mandrill's unsubscribe practices:

https://mandrill.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205582947-About-Unsubscribes

In particular, there's no way that Mandrill provides (at least according to that documentation) for an end-user to opt back in to receiving list e-mail.

One option might be to sign up for a different (third-party) certificate expiration monitoring service, or, as the Let's Encrypt page suggests, change the e-mail address associated with the Let's Encrypt ACME account to a different one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.