Is Let's Encrypt Currently Down? I can't issue a Let's Encrypt Cert

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: somersetwines.ng

I ran this command: plesk, install Let’s Encrypt Cert.

It produced this output: Could not obtain directory: Invalid response.

Details:

Type: about:blank

Detail: {

"type": "urn:acme:error:serverInternal",

"detail": "The service is down for maintenance or had an internal error. Check https://letsencrypt.status.io/ for more details."

}

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Plesk

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

1 Like

Oh wow, I thought I was doing something wrong, apparently I'm not the only one with the problem, I think it's the Let's Encrypt servers.

An unexpected error occurred:
The server experienced an internal error :: The service is down for maintenance or had an internal error. Check https://letsencrypt.status.io/ for more details.
Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details.
1 Like

I am also having the same issue. I am unable to renew a certificate. using CertifyTheWeb it states the service is down

1 Like

Yes, look at the Status Page linked in your error.

May 10, 2021 16:54 UTC [Update] Maintenance will continue a short while longer; we expect completion at 17:30 UTC.

3 Likes

Ok, it's not a long time, let's wait.... :wink:

1 Like

I know it should be obvious to look at the whole page, but at least the most current issue should be on top no? I saw the first item which was May the 6th and assumed there was nothing else to report.

1 Like

OK 19:30 CEST i also wait :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah; the status page isn't the best-organized for a lot of things. Part of the problem is that "Planned Maintenance" sometimes means an old API is going away, sometimes means that they're upgrading Boulder but no downtime is expected, and sometimes means that the whole service is down as they work on things.

So the blue banner at the top of the forum saying "Service status: Planned Maintenance" doesn't really convey "Everything is down right now" since that same banner has been there as often as not for the past month as they do the API v1 brownouts.

2 Likes

@petercooperjr Thanks. Seems I missed the memo.

1 Like

i missed it too! terrible timing

1 Like

[Update] Our apologies for trouble this extended maintenance may be causing. We're revising the completion time out to 18:30 UTC out of an abundance of caution.

1 Like

@davidsegunmoses @mr.vladi @DatenThielt @Supergamer @pixiemediaweb

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community :slightly_smiling_face:

Things have been very busy of late with upcoming improvements and obsolescence. Thanks so much for your patience during the flux.

:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@griffin You're welcome. I guess we'll be updated here as soon as it's back up.

1 Like

You can subscribe to our status page! We posted information about this planned downtime with reminders that it was occurring, when it started, and additional updates as time went on. We also update our status page during incidents to keep everyone informed.

2 Likes

any update on this issue?

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Status Page Could be Clearer

May 10, 2021 19:58 UTC [Update] Production API maintenance is complete.

1 Like

@jillian Noted. I'll do that. @petercooperjr It's back up now. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.