How renew my SSL

My domain is: https://www.bstu.ae/

I ran this command: i have no access to root to run commands

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: wix.com

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): NO

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): NO

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

Thanks and in advance

1 Like

Hi @heshamabdelrahman

if you use Wix, you must use their integrated solution.

But checking your domain that looks inconsistent - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=bstu.ae

Host T IP-Address is auth. ∑ Queries ∑ Timeout
bstu.ae Refused yes 1 0
www.bstu.ae Refused yes 1 0
www.bstu.ae A 185.230.62.195 Dublin/Leinster/Ireland (IE) - Wix.com Ltd. No Hostname found no

Your authoritative name servers don't answer. Checking non-authoritative ip addresses only www has an ip address.

But your certificate

CN=bstu.ae
16 days expired	bstu.ae, www.bstu.ae - 2 entries

has both domain names. The missing ip of the non-www breaks the renew of the certificate.

So first step: Update your dns, so both domain names (non-www and www) point to the same ip.

Then the integrated Wix-solution should work again.

1 Like

@JuergenAuer It seems the DNS is also handled by Wix. (I’m seeing multiple NS servers from wixdns.net.) I’m not sure if @heshamabdelrahman has that kind of control over his DNS.

But I agree the DNS issue has to be fixed first. Not only for SSL though. The whole site isn’t accessible now.

1 Like

That's inconsistent.

Different name servers:

|bstu.ae|• auhans1.ecompany.ae|194.170.1.99

Dubai/United Arab Emirates (AE) - Emirates Telecommunications Corporation
• auhans2.ecompany.ae
Dubai/United Arab Emirates (AE) - Emirates Telecommunications Corporation
ns12.wixdns.net
Mexico City/Mexico (MX) - Google LLC
ns13.wixdns.net
Mexico City/Mexico (MX) - Google LLC

And critical:

Fatal: Inconsistency between delegation and zone. The set of NS records served by the authoritative name servers must match those proposed for the delegation in the parent zone.: ns12.wixdns.net (216.239.36.101): Delegation: auhans1.ecompany.ae,auhans2.ecompany.ae,ns12.wixdns.net,ns13.wixdns.net, Zone: ns12.wixdns.net,ns13.wixdns.net
Fatal: Inconsistency between delegation and zone. The set of NS records served by the authoritative name servers must match those proposed for the delegation in the parent zone.: ns13.wixdns.net (216.239.38.101): Delegation: auhans1.ecompany.ae,auhans2.ecompany.ae,ns12.wixdns.net,ns13.wixdns.net, Zone: ns12.wixdns.net,ns13.wixdns.net

Creating a screenshot has worked.

@heshamabdelrahman : Is the content of the screenshot correct?

1 Like

i uploaded screenshot for the web site

1 Like

You see the screenshots there - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=bstu.ae#screenshots

So it’s the correct website.

Perhaps ignore the delegation problem.

But fix the missing ip address of your non-www version. Then Wix should try to create a new certificate.

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt support
but i bought my domain from etisalat ( Dubai/United Arab Emirates (AE) - Emirates Telecommunications Corporation) and i am hosted in Wix , how should fix this domain issue ?

1 Like

Hi…i would like to know how could i renew the SSL certificate ?? I have authorize to Root access.

Dear All,
Thanks for your support , i contacted Wix.com and they solved with me online
Once again thank you very much appreciated your support

2 Likes

Please open a separate thread in the Help section for your issue, as you'll be presented with a questionnaire we need to help you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.