Hostforlife and let's encrypt (you)

Hello,

I have the same issue as describe here :How to run Let’s Encrypt. My host provider is hosteforlife.eu and absolultely don’t want to help me on this issue (they claim it’s not their job, as i’m not buying certificate from them… but then I wonder why they claim to support letsencrypt…)

I got the following error :slight_smile:
Error: Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Challenge marked as invalid. Details: The key authorization file from the server did not match this challenge [mp-232oLmbCDVWXrZjSpp_UO0yXBijZKnRb0GLJO4PY.0MfJ-6Uztn9ft_oH_0oMRmk7q_NY_XC7da5ZqZhtjKc] != [Hello World!]

My domain is:oneboard.eu

I ran this command:non : none

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):windows 2012 r2

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: hosteforlife.eu

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): no

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): plek

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

I wanted to provide you the solution to my problem, so that you may help other user.

Im using a net core application with mvc.

The porblem is that letsencrypt target a folder .well-know inside the application. As it doesnt exist, and that no route is targeting it; mvc return a 404. Then certifacte was not able to work.

So the trick is to add the following code on the configure method from startup.cs

app.UseStaticFiles(new StaticFileOptions
{
FileProvider = new PhysicalFileProvider(Path.Combine(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory(), @".well-known")),
RequestPath = new PathString("/.well-known"),
ServeUnknownFileTypes = true // serve extensionless file
});

And you also need to add the folder to the root of the website

And voila.

Pierre

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.