Error: Let's Encrypt new auth status 429

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:
Apenfamilie.nl, main-system.nl
I ran this command:
No command ( trying to get vestaCP to work.
It produced this output:
Error: Let’s Encrypt new auth status 429
My web server is (include version):
Virtual centos7
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Centos7 with vestacp
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
myself…
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
Yes can do snapshots also so can go back in time.
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
VESTACP
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):
no bot i think…

Hi all,
I think i know the problem (to manny ssl’s made) but can someone delete all of them?
apenfamilie.nl and domain main-system.nl ??
Because of the cname i think it makes a cert but somewhere in the procces its going bad.
So after troubleshooting i read i must delete cname in cloudflare and make a A record.
Now i dont have a error 400 but a Error: Let’s Encrypt new auth status 429 / 423
Can someone have a look or tell me what i done wrong?

Regards,
Tim

Hi @timmetje

please read

Revoking certificates does not reset rate limits , because the resources used to issue those certificates have already been consumed.

Same with deleting, that doesn't reset the limit.

But checking your domain there are no new Letsencrypt certificates - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=main-system.nl#ct-logs

Only three older:

Issuer last 7 days active num Certs
CN=COMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2, O=COMODO CA Limited, L=Salford, C=GB, ST=Greater Manchester 0 22 81
CN=Let's Encrypt Authority X3, O=Let's Encrypt, C=US 0 0 3

So you have hitted the

There is a Failed Validation limit of 5 failures per account, per hostname, per hour.

That's not really a problem, wait one hour.

If you use VestaCP, there is the validation file created automatic.

But your /.well-known/acme-challenge/random-filename doesn't show the expected 83 bytes. Instead, there is a https page:

HOW TO SHOP 1 Login or create new account. 2 Review your order. 3 Payment & FREE shipment If you still have problems, please let us know, by sending an email to support@website.com . Thank you! SHOWROOM HOURS Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 6:00AM Sat - 9:00AM-5:00PM Sundays by appointment only! SIGN IN YOUR ACCOUNT TO HAVE ACCESS TO DIFFERENT FEATURES USERNAME PASSWORD Remember Me FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD? FORGOT YOUR DETAILS? USERNAME OR EMAIL AAH, WAIT, I REMEMBER NOW! QUESTIONS? CALL: 0900 800 900 LOGIN SUPPORT Kallyas is an ultra-premium, responsive theme built for modern websites. T (212) 555 55 00 Email:  sales@yourwebsite.com Your Company LTD Street nr 100, 4536534, Chicago, US Open in Google Maps HOME HOMEPAGES v4.0+ ARIES HOMEPAGE ORION HOMEPAGE VEGA HOMEPAGE HOMEPAGES v4.0+ KUMA HOMEPAGE ARA HOMEPAGE KRONOS HOMEPAGE CLASSIC HOMEPAGES HOMEPAGE 1 HOMEPAGE 2 HOMEPAGE 3 CLASSIC HOMEPAGES HOMEPAGE 4 HOMEPAGE 5 HOMEPAGE 6 SINGLE PAGE WEBSITE ATHOS ONE-PAGE NEW SERVICES OUR COMPANY PORTFOLIO PROCESS PARTNERS BLOG CONTACT FREE QUOTE Home Error 404 25 september 2019 404 The page cannot be found. DISCLAIMER SUPPORT POLICY LEGAL © 2015 All rights reserved. Buy Kallyas WordPress Theme . TOP

Looks like that blocks VestaCP to create a certificate.

The typical content must be

random-filename.Hash-value-of-your-public-account-key

83 Bytes, not a website.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.