Enable certificate

Hello

I’m using ubuntu server with apache and it excludes the .conf files that already have the ssl certificate. I am trying to get the certificate again but the message appears: An unexpected error occurred:
There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains: clinicazanata.com.br. What can I do to fix this?

You’ve issued five certificates for www.clinicazanata.com.br and five more for clinicazanata.com.br. Why are you creating so many in such a short period of time?

I was changing the name of the apache .conf file and gave problem. I was trying to put the certificate back in. Same thing for petitcharlo.com.br. What can I do to get the certificate back, since when they access both sites, they are without the certificate?

Because of the rate limit you have hit, you will need to wait to issue a new certificate.

However, if you still have the private key that relates to this certificate (download here), you could use it for your domain, as it is still valid for clinicazanata.com.br and www.clinicazanata.com.br.

Whether you still have the private key or not depends on what client you use (e.g. Certbot ?) and what commands you ran.

I used certbot --apache and chose the domain option. The same problem happened with the petitcharlo.com.br domain. I need to install the certificate for the domain with www and without the www? How can I do to resolve this?

Run certbot certificates and see whether any of your existing certificates give you both the domains that you need.

If not, you are out of luck, and will need to wait out the rate limit, or issue a certificate with an extra domain to get around the rate limit.

For example, you could try clinicazanata.com.br + www.clinicazanata.com.br + x.clinicazanata.com.br (though you would need to make sure x. exists and points to the same virtual host).

How long do I have to wait to generate a new certificate?

That particular rate limit is five per seven days, so since they were all issued today, you’ll have to wait a week. Note that you can get around that by adding a subdomain (for example, combine these onto a single certificate), but you’ve also already burned through ten of the “certificates per registered domain” limit of 20/week, so be careful with that.

It would be better if you could use one of the certificates you already issued. You just need the private key file.

certbot certificates:

Found the following certs:
Certificate Name: plumari.com.br
Domains: plumari.com.br
Expiry Date: 2018-03-07 01:28:40+00:00 (VALID: 78 days)
Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/plumari.com.br/fullchain.pem
Private Key Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/plumari.com.br/privkey.pem
Certificate Name: www.plumari.com.br
Domains: www.plumari.com.br
Expiry Date: 2018-03-07 01:30:15+00:00 (VALID: 78 days)
Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.plumari.com.br/fullchain.pem
Private Key Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.plumari.com.br/privkey.pem

There are no other certificates. I think I’ll have to wait 7 days to generate a new one.

Why can’t you use those? You already have valid certificates.

I have 3 domains on the server. This is one of them. Is not a certificate required for each site?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.