Error creating new order :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:
shyunk.info

I ran this command:
certbot --apache certonly -d shyunk.info

It produced this output:
An unexpected error occurred:
There were too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new order :: too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains: shyunk.info: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/

My web server is (include version):
apache 2.4

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
centos-release-7-8.2003.0.el7.centos.x86_64

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
amazon lightsail

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
no
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):
certbot 1.6.0

I need some help with rate limits.

Can I know the next certificate creation date?

1 Like

One week from the first one. You've created five identical certificates. Why not use one of them, rather than creating a new one?

5 Likes

Thank you for your answer.
By deleting an Amazon instance, previous certificates were deleted.
Can I get certified in a week?

1 Like

The rate limit you hit is the one for identical certificates, which is not more than five per week, and the "week" is a rolling seven-day period. So you can next issue a cert for the same domain a week from the first of those five.

What's strange is that according to shyunk.info - Make your website better - DNS, redirects, mixed content, certificates, there's only been one certificate issued. But in any event, you should be able to issue another cert in a week.

5 Likes

I’ll try it in a week.

Thx!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.