Do i need to buy certificate

Hi

Received this mail from let’s encrypt

Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in
19 days (on 30 Jun 18 16:39 +0000). Please make sure to renew
your certificate before then, or visitors to your website will encounter errors.

my question is do i need to buy ssl certificate now from some provider or i just have to renew lets encrypt

if it is possible to renew how can i renew it and for how long?

Of course.

How did you get it in the first place?

90 days, the same as the original issuance.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

2 Likes

Hi there,

Whom did you receive this email from?

If you’re using a hosting provider that is cPanel based and has Lets Encrypt enabled then the certificates will automatically renew for you.

Alternative you can use certbot to handle the certificates for you as well. But from the sounds of it, this is something you may have setup from your provider so you may also want to reach out to them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.