Continue getting "DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A" error in both Nginx and Apache

I want to set up LE for my domain but I keep getting the error:

`Failed authorization procedure. www.assembledpcindia.com (tls-sni-01): urn:acme:                                                                                        error:connection :: The server could not connect to the client to verify the dom                                                                                        ain :: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for www.assembledpcindia.com

`

I tried followung this tutorial but keep getting the abobe error with both Nginx and Apache. How do I fix the issue?

I am a noob but I think its a DNS issue. If it is, please tell me how to fix it.

Currently, I only have the A record for the domain set up. What do I need to change to fix the issue?

You’re trying to get a cert for www.assembledpcindia.com when only assembledpcindia.com exists. Either add an A or CNAME record for www.assembledpcindia.com or request a cert for assembledpcindia.com only.

Thanks you.

I requested request a cert just for assembledpcindia.com instead of the www version and the problem has been fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.