Cetificate Rate Limit

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: xbl-kyuubii.de

My web server is (include version): apache2 on OS Ubuntu 14.04

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

Hey i know that i reached the rate limits because i had to reinstall my server multiple times today, my question is is there a way to remove it or can i restore an already genarted SSL Certificate from Lets Encrypt?

There is no way to remove the rate limit. All the certificates are logged and publicly available (on crt.sh among other places), but you’re the only one with the private keys. If those are gone, the certs won’t be usable. If you reached the limit of “no more than five duplicate certs per week”, you can avoid it by adding or removing a hostname on the cert (add www. or test., for example).

1 Like

well is there a way to temp fix my site then for a week?

Yes, what I mentioned in my post:

1 Like

thank you :slight_smile:

ill do that now to temp fix my site, have a nice day/night

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.