Certificate Invalid

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: visuallysweet.com

I ran this command: ./certbot-auto certonly --webroot -w /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/ -d visuallysweet.com -d www.visuallysweet.com

It produced this output: You have an existing certificate that has exactly the same domains or certificate name you requested and isn’t clos
e to expiry.
(ref: /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/visuallysweet.com.conf)
What would you like to do?

1: Keep the existing certificate for now
2: Renew & replace the cert (limit ~5 per 7 days)

Select the appropriate number [1-2] then [enter] (press ‘c’ to cancel):

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Debian GNU/Linux

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Google Cloud Platform

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

1 Like

Can you show us the output of "sudo ./certbot-auto certificates"?

It seems that you have a valid certificate, but your website isn't using it.

?

Where did you install the certificate, or what did you configure to use it? What's terminating TLS for your website? Your own web server? A load balancer? Installed on your server? A managed service?

Whatever it is might simply need to be reloaded or restarted. Or it might be configured with an out-of-date copy of Certbot's files, and whatever process was used to configure it might need to be repeated.

1 Like

I installed it SSH in Google Cloud Platform here is the produced output :
./certbot-auto has insecure permissions!
To learn how to fix them, visit Certbot-auto deployment best practices
usage:
certbot-auto [SUBCOMMAND] [options] [-d DOMAIN] [-d DOMAIN] ...
Certbot can obtain and install HTTPS/TLS/SSL certificates. By default,
it will attempt to use a webserver both for obtaining and installing the
certificate.
certbot: error: unrecognized arguments: certificate

1 Like

I’m trying to repeat it but its saying that it already exists and wont let me do the steps again. It’s just Bitnami WordPress that I’m using it with.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.