Browser thinks cert has expired, but server shows all active

Site has been running fine for a while. There was some issues with the certs on initial setup of the server. When I go to the website via a browser, (https://www.bluedogwebsites.com/) I get an “Your connection is not private” Error. Looking at the certificate it says it is invalid, and expired this morning. Testing it using an SSL checker, show’s it’s fine (https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=bluedogwebsites.com) and checking the certificates on the server is seems fine (see below). I can’t help but think there’s a rouge cert somewhere, but have no idea where it could be.

What am I missing?

My domain is: www.bluedogwebsites.com

I ran this command:

1. sudo certbot certificates
  2. sudo apache2ctl -S
  3. cat /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/bluedogwebsites.com-le-ssl.conf

It produced this output:

1. Certificate Name: bluedogwebsites.com
    Domains: bluedogwebsites.com www.bluedogwebsites.com
    Expiry Date: 2018-06-21 12:47:05+00:00 (VALID: 61 days)
    Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/bluedogwebsites.com/fullchain.pem
    Private Key Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/bluedogwebsites.com/privkey.pem
    Certificate Name: bluedogwebsites.com-0001
    Domains: bluedogwebsites.com
    Expiry Date: 2018-06-21 00:44:08+00:00 (VALID: 60 days)
    Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/bluedogwebsites.com-0001/fullchain.pem
    Private Key Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/bluedogwebsites.com-0001/privkey.pem
    Certificate Name: www.bluedogwebsites.com
    Domains: www.bluedogwebsites.com
    Expiry Date: 2018-06-21 12:47:17+00:00 (VALID: 61 days)
    Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.bluedogwebsites.com/fullchain.pem
    Private Key Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.bluedogwebsites.com/privkey.pem

*:443 www.bluedogwebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/bluedogwebsites.com-le-ssl.conf:2)

SSLCertificateFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/www.bluedogwebsites.com/fullchain.pem

My web server is (include version): Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: DigitalOcean

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

Fixed. I did a hard restart of apache and it seems to be working now. My bad. Should have done that before I posted.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.