Azure certbot dns nxdomain error

I am running certbot as a container on my azure and I get a certificate error. Reading I see article that 2 domains (one with and one without www prefix) should be run in the certbot. I do this and the www domain get a error DNS A record missing. How can I create a A record for www in azure.com dns I have no access to?

1. have a container in azure doesn’t mean your domain’s DNS is on azure. where you bought the domain from?
  2. This it question thread that you are looking for how to create your cert, I’ll move this to Help. it’s templete will make we easier to understand your situation

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

The domain I am using is m00.westus.cloudapp.azure.com this is a DNS I can’t update to create the A record for www. Please advise.

In that case, just don’t ask cert for www and request cert only for that domain, your client won’t be able to connect by www version anyway without A record, nor LE verification agent.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.