Missing suffix .com

Hi,
I've just tried running this for the first time after setting up a VM on Azure.
Something strange has happened. I can access the website just fine, however when I run the command, the domain that it comes up with is missing the suffix .com and therefore is not accepted. Any idea why?

My domain is:
www.charezza.com

I ran this command:
sudo certbot --apache

It produced this output:
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

Which names would you like to activate HTTPS for?

1: www.charezza

Select the appropriate numbers separated by commas and/or spaces, or leave input
blank to select all options shown (Enter 'c' to cancel): 1
Requesting a certificate for www.charezza
An unexpected error occurred:
The server will not issue certificates for the identifier :: Error creating new order :: Cannot issue for "www.charezza": Domain name does not end with a valid public suffix (TLD)
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
Azure

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
Yes
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
No
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):
certbot 1.16.0

1 Like

It looks like your Apache is misconfigured. Please check if your hostname is correct in the Apache configuration and if not: correct it and run sudo certbot --apache again.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community :slightly_smiling_face:

A great place to start the investigation that @Osiris has suggested is by running:

sudo apachectl -S

That should indicate in which apache configuration file there is an incomplete ServerName or ServerAlias.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.