AutoSSL - What about the server domain's cpanel. whm. etc...?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is: n/a

I ran this command: AutoSSL

My operating system is (include version): CentOS 6.8

My web server is (include version): Apache 2.4

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): WHM / cPanel latest stable (58?)

I have a new VPS server setup with one domain. I installed and ran AutoSSL, and it worked fine for the regular domain.com and www.domain.com - but what about the server’s other stuff:

cpanel.domain.com
cpcalendars.domain.com
cpcontacts.domain.com
vps.domain.com
webdisk.domain.com
webmail.domain.com
whm.domain.com

Is there any automatic way to get those to work on the same certificate, or do I have to request a certificate a different way?

Thanks!

A question more for cpanel than here possibly.

As far as I’m aware the AutoSSL script only works for “hosted domains” rather than for the main server itself.

For my cpanel servers I’ve just generated the the server cert using one of the standard clients (I use getssl, which is one I developed, but certbot or one of the others should work fine). save a copy of all the certs together in /var/cpanel/ssl/cpanel/mycpanel.pem and restart cpanel / apache - /scripts/restartsrv_cpsrvd;/scripts/restartsrv_httpd and all should be good.

Thanks. I looked a little deeper and it looks like cPanel provides a cert. Now I just need to figure out why things aren’t working right.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.