AutoSSL did not renew the certificates of these two doms

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:
rootsofaussierock.com and johnnyokeefe.com
I ran this command:

It produced this output:
AutoSSL did not renew the certificate for “rootsofaussierock.com”. You must take action to keep this site secure.
My web server is (include version):
apache2 latest version
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Zorin 16.2 (Linux ubuntu 20.4)
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
self
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
yes
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
no
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

I have moved these two sites from a shared hosting to our own server and not sure how to respibd to these requests.

Can you assist please?

David

1 Like

Do you have any other info you can share? Is there some sort of error log or something?

Because the message "AutoSSL did not renew ..." sounds like AutoSSL was expecting to have an existing cert and renew it. But, the only certs I see in your history were from cPanel, Inc and not Let's Encrypt. (link here).

Can you describe more about the steps you took?

You should also review this intro topic:

3 Likes

Hello and thank you for the reply.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but will look for anything you may need.

Can we just start again with Let's Encrypt as the sites are not on that
host anymore but at our own home server.

If we can can you advise how I go about this please.

Thanks

David

3 Likes

Yes, autoSSL in cPanel can support Let's Encrypt but I don't know how to install those products for that purpose. You might get best help from the cPanel forum (link here) on how to set it up. If nothing else, they can instruct you how to get more detailed logs for debugging.

If you can get more info that points to a Let's Encrypt problem we can give better advice

ADD:
But, if you don't need to use AutoSSL and cPanel there are many other ACME clients to get Let's Encrypt certs. See below

5 Likes

HI again,

Found out it was because the site's files had not been terminated on the
shared host even though the doms were delegated to our home server.

They have been terminated now so we can start afresh with Let's E if you
please.

Thank you again

David

1 Like

BTW As I have a few sites on my linux apache2 home server and getting more, is there an option that will make all sites ssl, or is it a one by one task?

Setting up new domains and related server config is usually one-by-one task. The SSL certs are just one of those steps.

I don't see HTTPS working on either domain in your first post. I checked from various points around the globe including one in Melbourne. Port 443 looks blocked possibly by a firewall. I also don't see any fresh cert in the public logs although sometimes there is a delay before appearing there.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.