Auto convert from Cpanel SSL to Let's Encrypt

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: pritchardwebhosting.com plus all my clients

I ran this command: Don't know how to run commands : )

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): CENTOS 6.7 lxc [c71902] v66.0.25

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Linux, Apache

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Siteground (who caused this problem)

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): No

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
Control panel I think it is 66.0.25, it uses the old x3 interface.

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): Don't know.

Siteground has caused me many problems and are unwilling to answer my questions nor help me with the below problem.

Siteground just moved my 103 sites from vps to cloud vps and are in the process of eliminating cpanel. I did not request this move. Currently I have whm/cpanel access but not ssh or root access. All my certs were issued automatically through the siteground cpanels for each account.

Siteground has eliminated the cpanel SSL certs renewals so as each ssl cert expires the website goes down. I then have to login to cpanel, try to remove the cert and try to apply the let's encrypt cert. That has worked once, and failed three times. Each time it looks like it works, in cpanel I can see the ssl cert is gone when I remove it. But the install of Let's Encrypt eventually fails due to the expired cert not being removed. This requires me to contact SG support. They are slow, unhelpful and completely unwilling to help me solve this problem:

Is there a way to convert automatically from the Cpanel SSL to Let's Encrypt without my 103 sites going down each time?

I found this, and think it might be part of the answer, but of course I don't understand it:

I have read:

But that didn't help.

I appreciate any assistance you can give me.
Thanks much.

Hello,

If the sites are already resolve to the server then you don’t need to worry about the old SSL certificates. Use certbot first:

sudo certbot certonly --webroot -w /var/www/html -d traveladdicts.unli.xyz -d unli.xyz -d edu.unli.xyz -d mail.unli.xyz -d ranch.unli.xyz -d www.unli.xyz -d travel.unli.xyz

or use sudo certbot --apache which should automatically update the apache config so you don’t need to do the next part (but I have no experience with it):

and then change the location of the relevant website cert in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

for example:

SSLCertificateFile /var/cpanel/ssl/apache_tls/www.unli.xyz/combined

change to:

SSLCertificateFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/unli.xyz/fullchain.pem

You can find a list of the certificates with this command:

sudo certbot certificates

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.