Wordpress Multisite Sub-Site

Not sure which category this should go in…I am trying to install the cert on a subdomain of a multisite installation. Well, maybe it’s a subfolder…anyway, it is mapped to it’s own domain. My host has the installation set up on cpanel - very easy to do, just choose the domain and a couple of clicks - but they don’t offer any further support. So I installed the cert on one of the sub-sites, it shows the subject and the dns names as the correct domain (the mapped subdomain/folder), but when I access the site through the browser, it says “The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website’s address.” I tried it both with and without the www, no difference. In cpanel, it shows me a list of the mapped domains to choose from, along with each ones root (the main site) and it’s path (/home/blah-blah-blah/public_html). And “alias” (the subsites are set up as aliases, if that is important). What do I need to do to get the cert to resolve to the right domain name?