Why Let's Encrypt Made Me A Better Cryptographer

It’s not often we see praise on the site so I thought I would take a few minutes to do so

a) the let’s encrypt team of @jsha @schoen @cpu @pfg and others - whether it’s technical, theoretical or not possible they have it covered - well done boys

b) the regular contributors/ moderators @serverco @mnordhoff @Osiris @jmorahan @rg305 @_az - thank you all so much for challenging teaching and moving the community forward

c) To those of you who write clients such to name a few - thank you for your dedication and efforts

c) as to me - I used to have to teach engineers about ssl during certificate renewal time. We had no CA such as Let’s Encrypt which provided an invaluable teaching tool about Public CA’s and the process of obtaining certificates

D) Thanks to let’s encrypt I have had a chance to learn and experiment with a range of technologies such as Secure Mail Protocols, Java Key Stores, Windows PFX formats and many more. Having real certificates obtainable and no costs has helped me immensely

Where to next - cryptography continues to march on. While on the Let’s Encrypt side we have the new V2 APIs and WildCard Certificates, In a broader sense we have the introduction of TLS 1.3, the use of DTLS for IoT and other fun challenges in 2018.

I am happy to say that I thoroughly enjoy working with let’s encrypt and certbot and other clients when I need to tackle new problems. Not only do I have a highly reliable and free CA, I also have a highly dedicate team of contributors and staff to help me figure out the hard stuff

So at the beginning of 2018 ---- let’s go knock this crypto stuff out of the park :smiley:

Andrei

9 Likes

Thanks @ahaw021! It’s been great having you contribute to the community forums. Thanks to you as well! :slight_smile:

@webprofusion @Neilpang @LoneCoder @leader

I am only allowed to mention 10 people a post but you all wrote and continue to write fantastic let’s encrypt clients

@leader - ZeroSSL was my first love and my first Let’s Encrypt Client so thank you for making it so intutive and available :smiley:

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, some great community members who are really helping others!

Thanks. You are welcome.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback and the good words. I like making things useful and creating code that lasts - some companies are still running my code I wrote 15 or so years ago :slight_smile: Now onto implementing API v 2 for 2018 ... :hammer_and_wrench:

Aww, thanks @ahaw021! It’s been great seeing your dedication to constantly learning more and more, and becoming an even better helper on the forums all the time. I look forward to continuing to work with you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.